Wedding Dress FAQ’s
Here are a few answers to questions you may already have about our Wedding Dresses in Gauteng. If we have left any out, not to worry as we will be guiding you from the time you first walk into our studio until the day you walk down the Aisle.
When should I start shopping for my wedding gown?
After enjoying the celebration of your engagement, setting your date, and choosing your venue, you are now ready to find your perfect wedding dress! It is recommended that you begin gown shopping 9-12 months before your set wedding date.
Do I require an appointment?
At AmberRain Bridal an appointment is required for you to receive one on one personalized service. Finding your perfect wedding gown is a process. You will have a consultant dedicated to you for an hour appointment. During this time, she will guide you and encourage you to try on different silhouettes that flatter your body. Through listening and understanding the details and vision you are striving for, she can deliver your perfect wedding gown!
How many appointments am I permitted?
Most brides fall in love and find their dream gown on their first visit. In fact, don’t be surprised if you fall in love with the first gown you try! We are experts in knowing what will flatter your body type as well as enhance your best assets. If you need to sleep on it, or bring back someone special to see it, you are certainly invited back for a second appointment.
How many guests can I bring with me?
You are encouraged to bring someone close with you to enjoy your wedding gown shopping experience. We are boutique style; therefore we do not recommend bringing large parties. We want you and all brides to have an enjoyable experience and having too many people at once detracts from that and too many opinions can confuse and overwhelm you
Do you hire and sell wedding dresses in Gauteng?
Yes, we offer both services. When you come in to visit us, we will discuss your budget and requirements and offer the best package.
How long before my wedding do we begin with alterations?
We begin 3 -4 weeks before your wedding date with alterations. Yours Shoes and undergarments will be needed at the fittings.
How do I know which dress style will suit my figure?
We will assist you in finding the perfect dress to compliment your figure. It is wise to try on different styles before you make your final decision.
Are Accessories included in the price?
When hiring, a veil and petticoat are included in the hiring price. Jewellery will be an additional cost from our studio. When purchasing, all accessories will be an additional cost.
Are alterations included in the price?
All alterations are an additional cost. Our seamstress will quote according to the alteration that is required.
Notes about Our Wedding Dresses Gauteng:
- Our wedding dresses are imported from United Kingdom. America and Barcelona
- Prices range from R7800 – R12 000 for hiring and R10 000 –R22 000 when purchasing
- The wedding dresses are manufactured to the designer sizes made and are altered to fit you to perfection
- There are many more gowns available than what is shown on this website
- AmberRain’s delivery time for new dresses is approx.4-5 months
- “Rush Orders” (if allowed) takes 2-3 months at an additional cost
- Our seamstress will start with final alterations a month before your Wedding
- Yes we do cater for the fuller figure brides. Wedding dresses range in size from a size 32 (SA) to a size 60 (SA).
- Certain Designers can make style alterations to any of their dresses. Should you wish to make changes to the basic design of the gown, such as adding or removing a train, changing beadwork, embroidery, colours or necklines, this can be done when the dress is manufactured. Alternatively our expert seamstress can make changes to many of our dresses once the wedding dresses arrives in South Africa
- Certain Gowns can be ordered in colours other than white or ivory.